Adecco is now hiring Mogul Cooks for a client in Bellwood, IL.
This is a direct hire role for a local Candy Manufacturing company.
The position is responsible for operating and maintaining computerized cooking kettles that manufacture starch gelatin products.
- Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of products to cook
- Lead machine set up and changeover for production runs
- Follow work instructions, standards and SOP's for equipment set up and changeover
- Identify and resolve issues during set up and changeover
- Identify ingredients and equipment needed for each production run; set product information into touch screen panel, including but not limited to raw materials, pumps, gauges, valves and temperatures
- Feed cooker with raw materials including but not limited to starch, liquid colored flavors, sugar, corn syrup and gelatin; cook mixed products
- Conduct adjustments to controls to regulate temperature, amount of raw materials and other variables to ensure product quality exceeds established standards
- Diagnose and resolve mechanical issues with equipment at the entry maintenance mechanic level
- Follow escalation protocol in a timely manner when troubleshooting efforts fail
- Work closely with maintenance when escalation to maintenance support is needed for a mechanical issue
- Understand and demonstrate the Company's core values and operating principles
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, GMP and safety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned to support Ferrara Candy Company business objectives
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience batch making and/or work as a cook in food manufacturing strongly preferred
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic understanding of equipment capabilities, standards and proper set points
- Ability to pass certification test on pallet jack and fork lift
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods; ability to bend, stoop, reach and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to understand detailed written and/or oral instructions
- Promote teamwork; possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed
- Ability to problem solve by adjusting variables in standardized situations
This position requires knowledge and awareness of manufacturing and industrial sites. Protective gear will be required where appropriate. Position requires ability to work overtime, varying start times and weekends dependent on business needs.
How to apply:
If you are interested in being considered, please click the \"Apply Now\" button and submit your resume for consideration.
Associated topics: appetizer, breakfast, cocinero, diner, dinner, grill, meat cutter, persona de parilla, restaurant cook, steakhouse