- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, in strong affiliation with The University of Illinois College of Medicine in Peoria, is recruiting up to 2 additional gynecologic oncologists to join a board certified gynecologic oncologist located in Peoria, Illinois.
- In 2016, the practice performed more than 1,700 procedures.
- Primary job responsibilities include all facets of clinical patient care, with the opportunity to participate in resident and medical student education (clinical, didactic, and simulation learning).
- There is a well-organized oncology service with longstanding referral patterns. A new physician would build a practice quickly drawing from a large regional referral base.
- The Peoria medical community is the third largest in the state with a full complement of comprehensive radiotherapy and medical oncology services.
- Beautiful chemotherapy infusion center, with specialized oncology nursing support.
- Three daVinci Si surgical robots available for use at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
- Opportunity for active research endeavors, including collaboration with PhD researchers on basic science/translational projects at the UICOMP Cancer Research Center.
- Opportunity to enroll patients in NRG (GOG) trials.
- Applicants must be active candidates or board certified/board eligible in obstetrics and gynecology and gynecologic oncology.
- As the flagship medical center for one of the largest Catholic healthcare systems in the United States, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is the area s only Level 1 Trauma Center. It is home to the Children s Hospital of Illinois, and University of Illinois College of Medicine residency and fellowship training programs.
- Excellent compensation and benefit package.
- Peoria is a family-friendly, midsized city with a low cost of living, excellent economic potential, and few big city hassles.
- Other advantages include many cultural and athletic attractions, short commutes to highly liveable neighborhoods, and good schools.
- Peoria is home to an international airport, and also has easy access to major cities like Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis.
Associated topics: cpg, fertility, gyn, gyn and womens health, maternal services, maternal child services, mother child services, ob, obstetrics gynecology, physician ob