IT Service Desk Specialist
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a IT Service Desk Specialist to:
* Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
* Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
* Responsible for providing Level I & II hardware and software technical support to SwedishAmerican Health System (SAHS) customers including clinical staff, physicians, faculty, contracted staff, volunteers, students, vendors, and other staff through phone and self-service submission.
* The position will provide various levels of technical support for over 200 applications, 2 electronic medical record systems, Microsoft Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Office, PC based hardware, printers, mobile devices, network connectivity, telephony/fax technologies, other peripherals and specialty devices.
* Associates Degree in Computer Sciences or related field.
* Experience may be substitute for minimum education requirement.
* Excellent customer service skills/customer focus with attention to details.
* Strong professional telephone etiquette
* Able to interpret and appropriately triage IT issues reported by customers.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to listen empathetically
* Able to explain technical information in layman's terns,
* Working knowledge of computer hardware and data communication methodologies
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, uses methodical troubleshooting
* Two to three years customer support/help desk experience or two to three years clinical experiences with knowledge of the use of computers in the healthcare industry.
* Knowledge of mobile device technology and equipment, including but not limited to, iPhone, iPad, and Android
* Ability to accommodate work schedule changes as business requires
Licenses and Certifications:
* IT Service Desk certificate preferred.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet?-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Associated topics: assistance, client, network, patient, pc, support, technical support specialist, technician, technician iv, technology